Re: Wers glaubt wird selig 2(2)

[ verfasste Antworten ] [ Thread-Anfang ] [ Aussensaiter-Forum ]

Beitrag von Klauß vom Juli 05. 2018 um 14:41:34:

Als Antwort zu: Wers glaubt wird selig 2(2) geschrieben von lonestar am Juli 04. 2018 um 14:57:58:

: habe inzwischen aus optischen Gründen das anodized Schlagbrett mit einem amtlichen vintage greenige getauscht. Gitarre angeschlossen - langes Gesicht. Verdammt so klang die doch nicht. Alles warum ich diese Strat gekooft habe war fast verschwunden.
: Also - es sind ja nur paar Schrauben - zurückgetauscht - da war die Gitarre wieder da - wie gekauft.
: Jetzt warum ? Was ist anders ?

Ich zitiere mal Willi Stich / Bill Lawrence. Vielleicht hilft das ja:

eddy current interference can change the tone dramatically. (...)

So, what causes eddy current interference?

#A. The Tele bridge mount.
#B. The covers and baseplates of the classic humbucker.
#C. Any metal plates below the coils.
#D Metal pick guards for Strats.
#E. In general, all metal parts in the vicinity of the pickups.

The magnitude of eddy currents depends on the thickness of the material, the proximity to the coil and the kind of metal. Copper or aluminum under the pick guard or shielding the cavities will not cause eddy currents, but wrapping any conductive tape around the coil will. Aluminum will cause higher eddies than copper, steel or brass, but alloys like nickel-silver or 300 stainless steels cause virtually no eddies.

Are eddies good or bad?

I compare eddies with salt in a soup. One of the sweetest sounding Strats I ever played was a �65 Strat which had a .025� stamped sheet aluminum plate as shielding under the pickquard. No loss of highs at all, but the higher midrange was slightly reduced. I use eddy current interferences to fine-tune pickups, but interpreting the specs of a pickup is as complicated than reading an EKG!

Also: Eigentlich sollte ein aluminiumbeschichtetes Pickguard zumindest keine "Verwirbelten Ströme" erzeugen.

Gruß, klaus

verfasste Antworten:

Dieser Beitrag ist älter als 3 Monate und kann nicht mehr beantwortet werden.